Monday, January 29, 2007

Boe-Bot

I finally assembled my Boe-Bot and was able to write a few programs for it. I took some photos and put them in the photo gallery, which you can access via the link on the right.

I am starting to get familiar with PBasic and will soon be writing programs of my own using it. I will post some of them and explain how they work, and I might even go into detail on some specific commands.

I was looking at Garmin's website today and found some good info for interfacing with my GPSMAP60CS. This should be a fun project.

I have been spending time working on my C programming skills because it has been a long time.

I would like to finish this post with the following note:
When using the PULSEOUT command, in PBasic, be sure to look up the units of duration in the manual for your specific chip. For example, the BS2 has a duration unit of 2-milliseconds. This can be a little tricky if your new to this stuff. Especially if your trying to calculate the time it take your code to run a specific action.

No comments: