Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Intro

Let me start by telling you a little about myself:

I have a college degree in Mechanical Drafting, and a second in Mechanical Engineering. I have been in the Information Technology (IT) industry since I have been out of college; about 9 years. I am currently a Java Software Developer/Engineer.

As a result of being in the IT field I never get opportunities to do the things I really enjoy, which are working with my hands on mechanical and electronic projects. Don't get me wrong, being a developer does have it's perks too. I have always just been a hands-on type of person.

Ever since I was a child I dreamed of working for NASA's space program helping create rovers, shuttles and all sorts of other cool stuff. Well, let me tell you, my childhood dream has been slightly derailed. My current goal is to get back on track and fulfilling my dreams.

My interests are now in micro-controllers and such. This is where I believe my software development experience will be a great asset to me and my future.

So my plan is to start brushing up on, and expanding my skill sets by learning about, and building robots. Robots touch on various areas in science, engineering, mathematics, electronics, and programming, which is all the stuff I love. Besides, it is a great deal of fun... It makes a wonderful hobby.

No comments: