Tuesday, January 23, 2007

BS2 / Linux


I have started messing with the BS2 chip in my new robot kit and it is a lot of fun. It will be a little while before I start getting into the actual building of robots. For now I am planning to focus on the programming side of things. The photo above is a programming board with my BS2 microcontroller installed.

I spent a little time learning something about the DEBUG PBasic command, which is an integral part of using the Parallax chips.

The best place to start is by getting the manual for your specific chip from the Parallax, or other vendors website.

I will also, eventually, be venturing into the Linux world of robot control. It is getting very popular and it seems to be where the industry is heading. For now I am focusing on learning as much as possible about Linux. I have had a Linux box as my home computer for several years now and figured it is time to dive in to the hardcore stuff.

No comments: