Sunday, February 4, 2007

Lessons Learned

Here are a few lessons I have learned. This list will grow as I continue to build more robots.

1) If you robot starts acting strange and doesn't do what it's programmed to do, or if it keeps rebooting it's program, check the batteries. My bot was acting very odd so I decided to check the batteries and they were toast. Once I replaced them the bot was operating fine again.

2) Test each component on your bot individually before assembling it. This could save you a great deal of time and troubleshooting in the future.

3) Be extremely careful when inserting your microcontroller into it's spot on your board, the pins can bend very easily.

4) Your EEPROM has a limitation on the number of times it can be written to. This means you can where it out with excessive writing.

No comments: